Friday, May 16, 2014

Say Something Derby

I love big hats and any occasion where I can wear one.  Sounds like the perfect reason to have a Derby themed event!  I have been inspired by so many wonderful ladies over the last few weeks and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you.

The Hats.  I have a beautiful, big, lovely hat without a darn place to wear it to.  How about you?  Take a look at these beauties and don't forget to tell your friends that your Derby Dinner is hat friendly!

When it comes to decor for your Derby Celebration, I am a fan of simple and clean white linens and the traditional red roses.  There is something to be said for classic decor.


Speaking of classic, these julep cups remind me of the classic Mint Julep!  It isn't the Kentucky Derby without one...  I found this great recipe at Bottoms Up.  Make sure to visit their site to see how they make this amazing beverage.


Classic Kentucky Mint Julep

newPostLabel_Ingredients
  • 2.5 ounces bourbon
  • 25–30 mint leaves
  • 1 ounce simple syrup
  • ice cubes
  • crushed ice
For the mint simple syrup:
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 large bunch mint leaves


I could go on and on but will leave you with one last inspired item that will make your tummy happy.  The prettiest little Benedictine Sandwich complements of Damaris Phillips.


Please share your pictures and stories of your Kentucky Derby inspired events!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...