Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pairing Wine with Food

While reading my fellow bloggers articles, I clicked on a dinner party featured on www.greylikesweddings.com.  A great party to be sure but I really get interested when someone posts their menus and wine choices.  As someone who loves to throw my own soirees, I am always curious about pairings of food and wine and how I can adapt them for my own use.  Check out these perfect pairs.

  1. Cheese Platter, breads, nuts, and fruits served with Champagne and Sauvignon Blanc
  2. Seared Scallop served with Sauvignon Blanc
  3. Mushroom Ravioli served with Pinot Noir
  4. Duck served with Pinot Noir
  5. Caesar served with Chardonnay
  6. Clams served with Chardonnay
  7. Lamb served with Red Zinfandel
  8. Panna Cotta served with Red Zinfandel

Try one of these pairings at your next party!  Or, if you are looking for a great place to go to for a tasting, try Spago's in Caesar's Forum Shops in Vegas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...